2019 Chautauqua 5K Road Race
Date: June 22, 2019 Start Time: 8:00AM
Start and Finish: 240 S. 4th Street in front of 4th Street Civic Center
Come help us cap off a full week of Festival activities at the Chautauqua Festival in the Park 5K Road Race. This race will be on the streets that circle Elizabeth Brown Memorial Park in Downtown Wytheville, VA.
Same Day Registration & Packet Pickup 6:30 am - 7:45 am
5k Race Start: 8:00 am
Online registration will remain available until the start of the race.
- We are adding a team option this year!
- To create a team, you will need a team captain, team captains will be responsible for setting up their teams name. (see EXAMPLE 1)
- Team Captains will share their 'team name' with their 'team members'
- Other 4 Team members will register (seperately) and 'JOIN an Existing Team' and select the team name in the drop down box (see EXAMPLE 2)
- Teams will be made up of 5 people.
- There is NO AGE or GENDER limitations to each team.
- Team results will be based on Team Total Time.
- The team with the fastest team time will be crowned the Team Challenge Champions.
- Teams are encouraged to collect donations.
- The team that raises the most money will be awarded and named the Team Crusader Champions.
- The focus of all donations is for the sole purpose of maintaining an admission free festival for the citizens of our community.
- Winning team members are still eligible to win their respected individual age categories.
May 15 - June 5
5k Individual $20.00 per participant
5k Team (teams of 5) $25.00 per participant
June 6 - June 22
5k Individual $25.00 per participant
5k Team (teams of 5) $30.00 per participant
***T-Shirt Guarantee Cutoff for Packet Pick-up & Price Increase ***
***June 6, 2019***
Race day registration and race day pickup will take place at 240 S. 4th Street in front of 4th Street Civic Center from 6:30 AM to 7:45 AM.
2019 Chautauqua 5k Road Race T-SHIRT LOGO (TBD):
The 2019 T-Shirt Logo will be unveiled soon!
Parking will be available around the 4th Street Civic Center.
The race starts and finishes in front 4th Street Civic Center.
Awards will be presented to the Top 3 overall male and Top 3 overall female. Top 3 Male and Female in Age groups: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 and over.
PACKET PICK-UP: *UPDATED 6-14-19*
Friday June 21, 2019 from 1 pm- 6 pm at the Information Gazebo in Elizabeth Brown Park. It is easy to access via 4th St near the 4th St Civic Center. Come by early to miss the morning rush and to enjoy some of the great happenings at the Chautauqua Festival. For more info on the festival click this link: https://www.wythe-arts.org/schedule
Registration and Last Minute Pickup 6:30 am - 7:45 am
5K Race 8:00 am
Awards 9:00 am
For additional information on the race or sponsorship opportunities available, please contact Katherine Wright. She can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
TIMING & FINISH LINE SERVICES:
Kilted Timing utilizes Jaguar Timing systems providing *LIVE* real time results and finish line photos to our participants. Results are updated throughout the race in real time and can be accessed at any time after crossing the finish line using any one of the following options:
FREE ItsYourRace Mobile App (for Apple and Android)
Race participants can also use the ITSYourRace platform to view and share finish line photos with family and friends for free on Facebook. Custom finisher certificates can also be downloaded from the results page at no charge!